Places to get Carburetor and Starter Rebuilt?

dp320

For the Starter I suppose I should just clean up the one I have and try it first, although I was thinking it might be nice to have it professionally rebuilt anyway, as preventative maintenance. Not sure if that's a wise move, like the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

But if it turns out it's not working, is there a great web-based national place to have these sent for rebuilding? Or is there a great place in the Seattle area that knows these old starters?

Same questions for the carburetor. I have two carbs, plus a bunch of spare glasses, floats and whatnot. Looking at the diagram there's enough parts I'd be happy to turn this over to an expert also. Just like for the starter I'm looking for the place that has the knowledge and skill to get this refurbished correctly.

Any suggestions and reports on places I'd sure appreciate.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With some online searching I found two places that would work on old Nikki carburetors. I chose one of them and will report back how it goes.

I have two carburetors, one is missing a few pieces, such as the arm that the throttle cable connects to. I sent both in with instructions to canabalize as necessary, and to advise on the repairability of the remaining one. I'd sell the 2nd one either as a partial or as rebuilt depending on what I find out.

Great place in Kent, Wa....called the Rebuilder on Central Ave. I have used them many times to rebuild parts. Also I have some starters for sale.

Thanks for the info. I have two starters, one from the 1300 motor currently in the truck which I'm in the process of removing. That one works for sure since I started and drove the truck not too long ago. The other was with the boxes belonging to the original 1200 engine. I tested that and it seems to work also. I'll just clean it up and use it.

I'm still trying to decide between the orginal generator and using an alternator which is how the 1300 was set up. I haven't tested any of the generators yet. The local auto parts store said they didn't know how to test them. According to info on-line it looks fairly easy.