Datsun Bug ?

well, my brother is getting a free bug with a bad pan. and I have a old 1978 datsun 510 with a good floors and axles and steering and brakes..etc. and we were thinking of just hacking off he datsun body. [it was in a accident and the pass side is destroyed] and bolting on the bug body. we might have to make custom fenders so the wheel well matches up. but it would be pretty cool to pop the hood on a bug and actually see a motor. not only that but a L20!! haha.

what are some other opinions on this?

too much work for what its worth?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The vin on my brothers daily bug is just a little plate rivited to the dash. I think its the same on the new bug. So i think we could just breeze through oregon DMV because unless its a out of state title they don't check everything, only sometimes to they match up the VIN. they usually just turn the paper work in and send you a new title. haha. I figured as long as it looks like a bug they wont really know the difference.

Umm, yeah they will check where the stock VIN should be, I know this for a fact cause every time I have been down to the inspection place here in Washington they do. I have had a Bug inspected before and they did. I also had numerous other cars and trucks and they will even scrape your new undercoating off to check....it was on my show truck too:mad: