DIY 510 Adjustable LCA Kits - $140/set Delivered*

DIY Datsun 510 Adjustable LCA Kits for the home builder.

FutoFab has had requests for components to make adjustable LCA using the factory control arms, so we have created a DIY kit for the Ratsun builder.

If you have access to some basic cutting tools and a welder any hobbyist able to use those tools will be able to convert Datsun 510 factory LCA’s to adjustable LCA’s with this kit. The kit includes all the parts, even a set of custom width/bore spacers to adapt the rod end to the 510’s factory pivot studs. No need to find a machinist to make custom bushings, all the parts are included in this kit.

*Price is $140/kit delivered (*shipping included within the US, $155/kit shipped to Canada (revised shipping cost, 11/22/13)).

PayPal are accepted to Dave@FutoFab.com (Please include your mailing address as PayPal doesn't automatically include it)

The Kit includes:
2 - Chrome Moly Steel, Chrome Plated, Slot Loaded, 3/4 Rod Ends - Female, 3/4-16 LH
2 - 3/4-16 Male Adjusters - (7/8" adjusting hex)
2 - 3/4-16 LH Jamb Nuts
2 - 3/4-16 RH Jamb Nuts
4 - High Mis-Alignment Spacers - Stainless Steel, Custom sized to fit the 510 LCA pivot bolt
2 - Mild Steel Threaded Sleeves - 2.25" L x 1" OD with 3/4-16 RH internal thread

Here are pictures of adjustable 510 LCA’s one of our customer created using our kit (spacers not shown, OE parts and fabrication work provided by the buyer).

Datsun_510-RBuddy_LCA-top_12-18-11.JPG

Datsun_510-RBuddy_LCA-btm_12-18-11.JPG

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Received my set an starting the conversion.

First one cut and pressed together. I will be getting a buddy to weld it later.

IMG_4547.jpg

I had to grind the tube a little bit to get it to fit

IMG_4549.jpg

Well you can blame me for not sending any instructions.

Basically the position of the sleeve and cut point on the arm determine the final range the arm can be adjusted over. If your goal is to lengthen the arm, you cut the OE arm further away from the ball joint. If a shorter length is wanted, the cut is closer to the ball joint.

The adjuster needs to have an absolute minimum of 3/4" thread engagement on each end for proper strength (try to stay closer to 1" at final adjustment if possible). Extending the adjuster to less than ¾” thread engagement can cause the LCA to fail. It is best to have more than ¾” thread engagement if at all possible.

The ID of the LCA box section needs to be messaged into a rounded shape top and bottom to allow the sleeve to be inserted. Ideally the LCA should have holes drilled thru it top and bottom to plug weld the sleeve to the modified LCA. Also, leave a slight projection of the sleeve out of the cut end of the LCA, this will allow you to weld around the sleeve and limit risk of distorting the end surface where the jam nut locks against the sleeve.

The old adage, measure twice, cut once has never been more critical.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

have any for a 240z or will these work aswell, i would assume they would work since their cut and weld anyways.

The Z car kits are $150 delivered in the US ($165 to Canada) and come with all the 510 parts plus 2 custom spacers to properly space the distance at the pivot bolt in the crossmsmber. The 510 is a stud mount so spacers are not needed.

The Z car lower control arm is the same as the 510 except the Z doesn't have a steering arm stop, so they go together just the same as the 510 parts.

Drop me an email at Dave@FutoFab.com with any questions. I can send you an electronic PayPal invoice via email if you want to buy a set.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.