Z24 into 510 crossmember question

about ready to drop my engine in and i have a few mounts laying around. it appears two of them are for the 720. they are labled 30R and 30L. will the 720 mounts work for this swap? along with the 720 mount rubber? Rock auto shows that the 85' 720 mounts (rubber) is different than the 72' 510. so i am just looking for some general direction. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven been following this.... so what oil pan are you using on the Z24?

its a modified stock 720 pan? LOL, i have never seen the stock one. this one seems shallow and has been modified with a turbo oil return pipe. very clean. i can tell that clearance won't be an issue. I am just wondering if i should order 720 engine rubber mounts?

Found this online at Datsun510.com this is borrowed from a guy on there named Ethan. Maybe this is the answer?:

Z22E installed at OEM angle uses 720 truck oil pan with rear porti on of sump moved forward about 2" to clear center link, passenger side

510 mount on driver side, L28E mount on passenger side (I think). Mu ch nicer way to go. Also, I'm sure that the Z24 would fit this way to o (plenty of room under the hood).

The Z24 was exclusively a truck motor and had a rear sump pan. I would guess that a Z20E or Z22E pan from a car would work.

yeah, im not worried about the pan. The engine was rebuilt with custom pan for purpose of dropping into 510. i am just trying to get the stock 720 lean with proper motor mounts. was hoping that someone already went through this. (im sure they have)