WTB: 521/0 RED Hazard Knob

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Free bump. More like free tease. You mean this one?

SANY3440.jpg

SANY5474.jpg

They are hard to find I dont have any to sell but..... I'm going to throw you a bone. i KNOW WHERE THERE IS A NOS NEW ONe. Pm me for details. I really want to buy it for myself but I think your project may be worthy and besides I already have a few. He only has 1 and it's $85

85unsold3-12.jpg

If you look in the black and white owners manual photos it was only mounted in the hazard location of the 520 which they used the same pics for the 521 manual.

Black and white photo equals a slightly lighter knob that is the red one. The graphics on the knob itself are of the 520 style. I think the graphic style change for all the knobs was in 68 or maybe 69. I have personally pulled 2 out of 520's from the hazard switch.

But yeah it's confused a few people including myself.

If you look in the black and white owners manual photos it was only mounted in the hazard location of the 520 which they used the same pics for the 521 manual.

Black and white photo equals a slightly lighter knob that is the red one. The graphics on the knob itself are of the 520 style. I think the graphic style change for all the knobs was in 68 or maybe 69. I have personally pulled 2 out of 520's from the hazard switch.

But yeah it's confused a few people including myself.

So your saying that the early 520/21 hazzard knobs didn't look like this.

DSCN1304.jpg

That is a 521 flasher knob. Look in this pic and the 2nd to last is the 520 style. At some point they started using the red light symbol for the emergency flasher, maybe they used it first and the went to the black style that we are used to. I would like to look in some 520 owners manuals but every time I bid on one I get outbid.

SANY3435.jpg

More reference here is the light switch difference

SANY3436.jpg

heater fan difference

SANY3438.jpg

wiper difference

SANY3437.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.