gas gauge / sender issues

mr928

The heater knob is going to be difficult, I have only seen a handfull in my life, but I have not been looking until recently.

The problem is the heater core valve freezes up from lack of use, and then when one trys to shut the valve off, they break.

That 521 hubcap in the photo above is better than most, I sometimes see really rusty ones, or there dented up and no one wants them.

For now you should buy the first decent set of 620 caps you can find for daily driving, and eventually you will come across extra 521 caps somewhere.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The heater knob is going to be difficult, I have only seen a handfull in my life, but I have not been looking until recently.

The problem is the heater core valve freezes up from lack of use, and then when one trys to shut the valve off, they break.

That 521 hubcap in the photo above is better than most, I sometimes see really rusty ones, or there dented up and no one wants them.

For now you should buy the first decent set of 620 caps you can find for daily driving, and eventually you will come across extra 521 caps somewhere.

Thanks Wayne. I'll just keep my eyes open for those. I'll also try to move that shaft and see if it is frozen already.

Where do you find the time to search all this stuff? :wacko:

I'm a ebay junkie. I search for 521 parts when I get home from work along with 520 and b210 ect but I click on newly listed which isn't that many items day to day.

I cant believe how brightly white my new heater knob is. :thumbup:

I promise not to bid on this one. I have a few spares that aren't as good looking as that one. I might be willing to part with one if you dont win.

The 320 metal knob is really hard to find.

Pic for reference.

100_4600.jpg

I was just going to ask if this was the knob you were talking about, as I have been wondering what this is to.

DSCN1070.jpg

DSCN1071.jpg How come your photo above doesn't show in your post?

I see the photo just fine.

I've never seen that knob/lever before. Looks like it would work great though.

Let me show you one I made. Ok I didn't make it I just drilled a few holes in it to fit. I have no clue what it went to but I have another deeper one somewhere.

SANY5591.jpg

SANY5589.jpg

Not trying to thread jack.