b210 Ignition transistor

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey now!! Ok here's my situation, first off ill say im a fab guy, and I only know the basics when it comes to wiring......I have a 1965 320 pickup with a A-14 conversion out of a b210. I bought the truck out of cali and im from wayyy over in PA. Needless to say I bought the truck based on pictures. When it arrived here it seemed to run and drive pretty well with the B210 dash and wiring......well the truck started, had headlights and turn signals but that was it, no gauges or anything else worked, I drove it this way for a year haha....when I got my hands on a parts truck, I pulled the b210 dash and the wiring harness is a nightmare, beyond repairable, bare wires, spliced here splice there total hack job!! I can't even believe the truck ran or didn't catch fire...well I yanked the entire harness out with the dash...it now has no wiring, im trying to get the truck to run just in the garage, so I figure being carbed if I have fuel and spark it should fire up no problem...right??? Well the EI is messin with me...another problem is im not sure which year the parts are out of..... the Transistor box has 5 wires comming off of it Blue...Black/white....black....green and red........I have the blue connected to the + of the coil, black/white connected to the -. The black I have ground....and the red connected to the red of the distributor, and the green connected to the green......I've also tried two different coils too.. weird thing is, if im cranking the engine over and bump a ground to the green wire it gets spark and tries to fire, but if I hold a constant ground it doesn't get spark....only when I "bump" it, so it makes me believe my problem is nothin too major??? I've spent all evening and can't get it running....like I said I only know the basics and im not really a mechanic either....I appreciate any help!! Thankssss!

This set up?

remoteigniter.jpg

Black........................................... to ground

Black/White................................ to ignition switch and to the + side of the coil.

Blue............................................. to negative side of coil (and to tach if equipped)

Red &

Green.............................................. to the coil pick-up inside the distributor. (I don't think it matters which is which but if there are red and green wires on the distributor then match them together)