What the?? My exhuast leaks

Bugeye

Ok a couple of weeks ago i had to have a new cat converter installed on my truck (stupid Ca emissions) because the 30year old one wasnt working anymore, no big deal, needed to reg to the truck to drive thanks to a stupid exwife (long story behind that). So I get the new cat on, go drive it for 50 or so miles then to the smog shop, truck passes no problem this time. about a week goes by and I start to hear a rattle noise, as does my dad, Im thinking when they welded the new cat on the f-ed up the remaining heat sheild on the exhuast pipes, so I let it go and tell myself I'll fix it later. So this morning I fire the old girl up to let her warm up so i can go to the store and I hear the rattle again, and this time the sounds of exhaust leaking from the manifold....I thinking great I cracked the exhaust manifold, so upon further inspection I found 2 of the 3 nuts that hold the exhaust pipe to the manifold are missing....and the heat sheild on the exhaust pipe is broke, so now Im off to find some nuts to put the exhaust back on....sorry for ranting......sorry for f-ing up the spelling in the title, its still early for me

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, get me the part number for the stainless nuts and bolts you use cause im about to redo my exhaust and want to swap the 90 year old bolts too, lol

Will do!:D

any updates?

umm, no..lol, been busy running around getting the property cleaned up and my 73 into the garage. I am gonna have to remove the one remaining nut and take it with me since the 73 has a L16 in it the nuts manifolds are different