No Lights!

cblade89

Okay i finally was able to go and get the 411 wagon I bought and drive home with it.. Well along the way we stopped for gas as a just in case type thing. I get back in the car to pull out and once i get on the road I have no headlights. I do not have taillights, or dash lights either but my blinker works!! It's weird everything did work when we left. the IGN had come on after my quick test drive to make sure i felt safe enough driving it since its been sitting for a while and the IGN light was on the entire time. Long story short i got home but still no lights. I got a wiring diagram and am gonna shoot for power at the relay and switch and also replace the fuses. does anyone have any other ideas they think it could be?

On the WD there is only one wire that supplies Dash lights, taillights and headlights and it goes from the switch to the HL relay position 1 and the relay diagram says that it goes through what i assume is the coil and comes out to the low beams.

Am i wrong for assuming that even if the relay was bad i should still get high or low beams?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Fuses look good. Now clean them and clean the fuse connections. Been there, done that on a 411. You might need to pull the connectors off the headlight and push them back on a time or two.

With slight corroded connections, as soon as an electrical load is put on it, the connection breaks.

Last week when I took the cover off my 710 and fired it up for the first time since last Sept., the ignition/charge lights were not coming on. Was fine when I parked it... It was a fuse, but not blown, just broken inside the end cap. Looked fine, didn't work. I never trust them on looks alone. I swapped in a new one and everything lit up. Always carry spares.