stereo setups

ratbones

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just use some good quality speakers.

Sony makes some nice stuff for cheap. Check amazon. Got a 500$ component set for 50$ last year.

It all starts with good head. laugh.gif

Something with a good power output. Right now I'm running a 4x50w dual I got for 30 bucks. It's plenty to drive 2x 6x9 full ranges in the rear but I need to add another 50w to my front components.

Not sure how much smaller a 521 reg cab is compared to a 620 reg cab.

There is enough room behind the seat to put 6x9s in boxes (probably)

Then add a component set to the front (4 to 6" subs with tweeters and crossovers) Put the subs in the kickpanels and put the tweeters up high. Put the tweeters up around the sunvisors OR put them on the dash but face them towards your head. The high end is very directional.

Most likely you will NOT need a subwoofer with this setup unless you just like to shake shit apart. I'm running that setup in a King Cab and only putting out half the speakers rated power and it's PLENTY of sound.

If you still need bass I suggest a "bazooka tube" or something built similar with a small sub and a tuned box for a bit of thump.

I have a Alpine head unit going to some old school Nakamichi and Phonix Gold amps. The Nakamichi runs the CD components in the doors, the Phoenix Gold runs the 8 inch bazzoka tube between the seats.

2011-06-01202540.jpg

2011-06-01202618.jpg

2011-06-01202353.jpg

007-1.jpg

I plan on changing out Bazzoka tube for a shallow mount 10 behind the seats.