720 lift components

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For 2" just do a body lift and space the cab and box. We used to stack hockey pucks. Six spacers for the cab and six for the bed I think. This works and doesn't mess with your suspension, alignment, spring rate or ride. Higher makes it slightly 'tippy' from the higher center of gravity.

what about shift linkage, wiring, steering, ect? i considered a body lift, but my torsion bars are already maxed, and the nose is sitting 1" lower than the rear, and the rear is 2" spring blocked and cant take jack for weight. was already wanting to upgrade the suspension.

hockey pucks are solid rubber, but how do they do with the elements? especially with salty air?

what about shift linkage, wiring, steering, ect? i considered a body lift, but my torsion bars are already maxed, and the nose is sitting 1" lower than the rear, and the rear is 2" spring blocked and cant take jack for weight. was already wanting to upgrade the suspension.

hockey pucks are solid rubber, but how do they do with the elements? especially with salty air?

You can use anything even solid metal as you keep the original rubbers on it just putting a spacer in... and longer bolts. The shifter will sit 2" lower, brake lines have enough slack to give, same with fuel lines and wiring. The rad will be two inches higher and the rad hoses will be strained but you can drill new holes to lower it. Steering has a U joint and a collapsible section to 'give'. E brake, speedo throttle cable are all good. When lifting make sure to take a good look around everywhere to see that something isn't binding. I did 4" on my 620 and only lowered the rad, but be careful.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.