72 240z coilover question

M240Z

Im currently using A'pexi coilovers from a Miata.

I ended up using s13 lower adapter tubes from Megan Racing and just welding those on.

They have the same thread pitch as my A'pexi coilovers. Done deal.

I used these and just cut off the extensions:

http://www.meganraci...id=966&catid=56

How it sits.

F:16x8 -35 205/50/16 R:16x10 -30 225/50/16

2612.jpg

(the frame will be on the ground before the coilovers are at their lowest height)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im currently using A'pexi coilovers from a Miata.

I ended up using s13 lower adapter tubes from Megan Racing and just welding those on.

They have the same thread pitch as my A'pexi coilovers. Done deal.

I used these and just cut off the extensions:

http://www.meganraci...id=966&catid=56

How it sits.

F:16x8 -35 205/50/16 R:16x10 -30 225/50/16

2612.jpg

(the frame will be on the ground before the coilovers are at their lowest height)

Your car is tits! Can I run Stance Miata coilovers s13 Megan lower tubes? Do you know if they will fit?

I was possibly going to run s13 stance coilovers and have the adapter tubes machined and threaded all the way down the tube. Not sure if that would work thoughblink.gif I know a guy on hybridz did that with Megans and he's pretty low, but I dont think Miata low. cool.gif

You need the tubes because without them your car would be on the ground no matter what. I think that the s13 coils are too short just to weld up in the rear which is why you need the bigger threaded tube.

Arck001 i think im going to go with the miata stance coils but have the tubes machined at a shop, hopefully for cheaper.haha Do you happen to know the specs on your megan tubes?

the adaptor tubes allow you to adjust height without loosing strut travel. by sectioning struts you can still bottom out/harsh ride etc. with 1 piece coilovers like the megans the strut and spring move as a unit so you could have the frame on the ground and you would still have strut travel.

Ground control is fine if you want to go moderately low and have some suspension travel. the adaptor tubes are a great setup if you want a lot of adjustabilty without bottoming out the struts. Plus with the adaptor tubes its more straight foward cut strut weld on adaptor install camber plates and go, no sectioning, no shorter struts, no adjust spring height and then loosing ride quality because you bottom out the strut.

zccjdm.com sells the adaptor tubes AND camber plates for $350 which is a pretty good price also unless your a really good welder I would recommend having them professionally welded on you don't want to take a corner hard and have you strut tube break.

• Like 2

the adaptor tubes allow you to adjust height without loosing strut travel. by sectioning struts you can still bottom out/harsh ride etc. with 1 piece coilovers like the megans the strut and spring move as a unit so you could have the frame on the ground and you would still have strut travel.

Ground control is fine if you want to go moderately low and have some suspension travel. the adaptor tubes are a great setup if you want a lot of adjustabilty without bottoming out the struts. Plus with the adaptor tubes its more straight foward cut strut weld on adaptor install camber plates and go, no sectioning, no shorter struts, no adjust spring height and then loosing ride quality because you bottom out the strut.

zccjdm.com sells the adaptor tubes AND camber plates for $350 which is a pretty good price also unless your a really good welder I would recommend having them professionally welded on you don't want to take a corner hard and have you strut tube break.

[/quote

Perfect! yea i'm planning on going with either s13 or miata coils, but I know I'm going Stance for sure. (which should I use???)

I checked out that website and I don't see a tube kit for Stance coilovers. I was possibly going to have mine made, but I need to find some camber plates like the ones in the kit. I know TTT makes them but I can't run adjustable plates in the rear. Do you know where to get those camber plates alone with the tube?

Arck001 i think im going to go with the miata stance coils but have the tubes machined at a shop, hopefully for cheaper.haha Do you happen to know the specs on your megan tubes?

My A'pexi coilovers are as follows:

The thread pitch on the shock body/tube is M50 x P1.5.

The Thread Pitch on Top Pin: M12 x P1.25

Its the same for Megan coilovers.

Stance coilovers thread pitch is M55x2.0

I checked out that website and I don't see a tube kit for Stance coilovers. I was possibly going to have mine made, but I need to find some camber plates like the ones in the kit. I know TTT makes them but I can't run adjustable plates in the rear. Do you know where to get those camber plates alone with the tube?

This is the link to the tubes and camber plates from zccjdm.com. This is the special pricing for hybridz members.

http://www.zccjdm.co...2114847/HYBRIDZ

Serial Nine also makes DIY weld one tubes for stance coilovers.

http://www.serialnin...t/x7-suspension

My A'pexi coilovers are as follows:

The thread pitch on the shock body/tube is M50 x P1.5.

The Thread Pitch on Top Pin: M12 x P1.25

Its the same for Megan coilovers.

Stance coilovers thread pitch is M55x2.0

This is the link to the tubes and camber plates from zccjdm.com. This is the special pricing for hybridz members.

http://www.zccjdm.co...2114847/HYBRIDZ

Serial Nine also makes DIY weld one tubes for stance coilovers.

http://www.serialnin...t/x7-suspension

Thanks arck! Im going to message them to see if i can just get the camber plates.

I just need to figure out which stance coils I want to run, s13s or Miatas..

• 7 months later...

Have you got your setup on yet? How low could you get? I'm thinking about my options just wondering what I should go with to get it low but I'm flaring it so anything goes as much as clearance on the fender

I got mine all done and im tucking tire all around on 15s but i can go lower. My profile pic is how low mine is and its a comfy ride. If you want to go even lower than the do what Arck did.

sweet thats awesome i was looking at the kits 240zdan did and it looks like he isnt making them any more :confused:

Theres a lot of good info in that 240zdan thread on hybridz, a lot of links so use that. You don't need a kit really. Just camber plates coilovers and some strut sleeves, thats how I pieced mine together for probably about $1200 in parts. It's a pretty easy swap.