Fuse Box Cleaning

Ranman72

Well it was time Headlight fuse was getting hot after longer drives at night so I took pics labeled all wires and removed the fuse box in my 68 510

I also labeled and removed headlight relay and horn relay soaked all wire terminals in vinegar for about three hours also soaked the complete fuse box

and only the terminals of the relays in vinegar. After a few hours soaking I wire brushed all terminals and rinsed in hot water. When that was all done I used

compressed air to dry them completely

Put everything back together and walla fuse is not getting as hot, lights are brighter and all seems good

During the time the parts were soaking I removed my dash gauge cluster because the speedo wasn't working and the gauges worked intermittent

I cleaned all terminals and replaced the resistor that is on the back of the cluster .

The speedo had resistance when you try to spin the drive gear so I sprayed a little Try Flow lube on the gears, this freed up the resistance and seems like

all is good and working now. I need to test drive and make sure speedo is working proper but it seems ok when you spin it by hand, no resistance and speedo moves

Hope this helps any others with similar problems biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic