240z Rubber bits

Jasper

I know this gets asked to death, but it's been a while since I looked into any of it. I recently got some more motivation to work on the car, and I still have the same old questions.

What are some of the best places to get the 240z weatherstripping and other rubber bits? All of the rubber on my car is junk. I'm currently considering getting the Blackdragon weatherstripping kit to get me started. After that, I'll probably go to MSA for the headlight/taillight/marker light gaskets.

Are the Z fuel lines unique or can I find cheaper tubing? MSA sells the fuel hoses, like the one that goes to the vent tank, but can I use other random rubber hoses? It's been a long time since I even looked at them. I tore all the hoses out of the car over a year ago and they are in a trash bag with the weatherstripping and other bits of rubber.

I really wish someone had a truly complete kit for basket cases like mine. There wasn't a single seal or rubber hose that didn't just disintegrate as soon as I touched it. I guess that's what I get for living in such a dry environment. The only good thing was that the car has almost no rust.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish someone had a truly complete kit for basket cases like mine. There wasn't a single seal or rubber hose that didn't just disintegrate as soon as I touched it. I guess that's what I get for living in such a dry environment. The only good thing was that the car has almost no rust.

I feel your pain. I still would much rather buy rubber bits than have to replace metal. Best of luck with your build. :D

I know this gets asked to death, but it's been a while since I looked into any of it. I recently got some more motivation to work on the car, and I still have the same old questions.

What are some of the best places to get the 240z weatherstripping and other rubber bits? All of the rubber on my car is junk. I'm currently considering getting the Blackdragon weatherstripping kit to get me started. After that, I'll probably go to MSA for the headlight/taillight/marker light gaskets.

Are the Z fuel lines unique or can I find cheaper tubing? MSA sells the fuel hoses, like the one that goes to the vent tank, but can I use other random rubber hoses? It's been a long time since I even looked at them. I tore all the hoses out of the car over a year ago and they are in a trash bag with the weatherstripping and other bits of rubber.

Black-dragon is good ... they over took the Victoria British company's share years ago ...

MSA is a hard place to beat ... lots of goodies there ...

Energy suspension bushings all around .... except T/c rod ... use rubber or one rubber one poly per arm ..... mustache bar will resonate lots of noise from diff with polyp ... use factory nissan rubber if this bothers you :)

Rubber fuel lines should be replaced ... msa is good ...Keep the formed metal z fuel lines ... if in good condition .... keep them ... otherwords buy buy new metal line, a brake tube bender, and a brake pine flaring tool ... and have at it lol ....

If dropping the fuel tank ... replacement all vent hoses ... expect the filler neck hose to be bad ... source this out ... also get a factory pre-formed vent hose ( the one that is located at the rear bottom) ... if not ... you will have to figure out how to mount that hose without kiniking the shit outfall it since its like a 130 degree bend ...

Make sure to locate some rubber welting pieces for your door ... weatherstriping ... if bad ... first :D

Mmmmm lunch