rim offset for winning stance

sledn410

hey all in the process of surfing the net i have come across some maddd wheels that a guy distributes in perth where im from there pretty aggresive and thats exactly what i want.

i know a lil bit from searching that dattos and such run alot lower offset than a newer car say a 180 . anyway i have found som 114.3 15x 9 -10 jap wheels with gold centres and big dish ..would a neg 10 fit on a 410 il be going for prob the most amount of stretch i can and am hoping the rim will def be outside the wheel arch . i can always fine tune with bolt on spacers if it doesnt give enough but does anyone know if i may run into clearance probs moreso on the inside like suspension or brakes ect running 9 inch bad boys ?? cheers

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for laughs,I threw my SSR reverse meshies on my 67 411. 15x8 staggered offset with a 195/55/15 tire,they were perfectly "hellaflush" on a 93 240sx (S13).They have a LOT more lip than the wheel you picture(front approx 2 1/2", rear 3 1/2"-4")So probably more offset as well. I have no issues with clearance inside,but it is close,and they sit about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch (you convert to MM) outside of my fenders,plus the tire bulge.So my guess is that you would run into clearance problems on the inside. When I pull them back off to lower the car,Ill snap a couple pics,and measure the offset,should be able to get an idea of how yours would sit.Hope you can make them work.Spacers will be your friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Just for laughs,I threw my SSR reverse meshies on my 67 411. 15x8 staggered offset with a 195/55/15 tire,they were perfectly "hellaflush" on a 93 240sx (S13).They have a LOT more lip than the wheel you picture(front approx 2 1/2", rear 3 1/2"-4")So probably more offset as well. I have no issues with clearance inside,but it is close,and they sit about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch (you convert to MM) outside of my fenders,plus the tire bulge.So my guess is that you would run into clearance problems on the inside. When I pull them back off to lower the car,Ill snap a couple pics,and measure the offset,should be able to get an idea of how yours would sit.Hope you can make them work.Spacers will be your friend.

any pics yet to what your rims looks like on the 411. i wanna get some wheels for mines coming time soon but dont know a good offset since i cant just drive down to a tire shop.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

hey guys bive been in hybernation but im back working on the dat . il put up some pics tonight ,the rims fit i just had to roll the front inners a bit but the back are hectic stick out a good 20-25 mm so im weighing up wat to do. they look pretty nice but .. pics up soon

for anyone who might not know (future readers, perhaps) yo

jdm classics that i have always loved ... 15x9 -10 offset in my opinion i find them pretty maaad !! and there cheap as brand new . wat u reckon?

KGrHqYOKi4E4CNO3Z9BOCYrI5Yg_12.jpg

those wheels are a knockoff of Hayashi Raching's "Sakura"

hayashisakura.jpg

00895.jpg

when i was sourcing wheels for my truck from my guy in japan i asked him if he's

seen any. he said that theyre over... i wanna say 2.5 or 3k? thats for the originals,

they arent made anymore. besides theyre only 4 lug so they wouldnt fit my truck anyways. sigh.

Yep they are the ones ! The originals are pretty rare too and most people that have them are not interested in parting with them . I actually had a guy last week ask me about them and then tell me real ones are worth around the 3k mark also