WTB: 1975 610 Wagon Fuel Tank

I'm in dire need of a fuel tank, mine is very rusted, and it's started to leak, nothing major, but in order to keep my car as safe as possible, I'd like to replace the tank with one that is not leaking. There is a small puddle starting to acculumate under where my car is parked, I'd like to get it fixed asap.

You can post offers here or send private messages! Let me know what you have that will fit!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleaning Tank1. Drain tank

2. Remove rank from the vehicle.

3. Put a good bit of rocks in the tank, multiple sizes. Pour in some diesel or kerosene. Shake tank vigorously for while. Then take a break and shake tank some more cause it will wear you out ollz

4. Rinse tank out well

5. Using a flashlight, determine whether you need to repeat step 3, or continue.

6. Dry tank thoroughly, heatgun works good. You don't want any moisture.

Repairing Tank

1. Fill tank with water.

2. Find leaks in tank.

3. Clean area around leak

4. Repair leak with JB Weld (when used correctly it will outlast the steel) Available at.... Just about everywhere. Follow the directions.

Also. The leak may be around or from a hose connection. In that case, replace hose or maybe even just tighten the clamps.

Remove and patch it is fastest, easiest. Same year 710 goon tanks are similar part numbers and could be made to work. Good luck finding any in IN. JB will work if allowed to harden thoroughly. Might not hurt to rough the surface with sand paper and get it thoroughly clean and dry first, and maybe a second layer.

Use all possible caution around gasoline. We easily take it for granted.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.