1983 Datsun Cherry

Here is another car we own, A 1983 Datsun Cherry 1.0DX

It's quite a funny story how we managed to get this little gem, I came up for sale after the new owner (second owner) had bought the car from the origonal family. Drove the car home then spent the next 3 weeks trying to get it started with no success. He then stuck the car up for sale as a non runner. So i made an offer and we agreed a price of £150.

I then looked at getting a flight down for it (it was over 450 miles from home. Sorted out a flight and send a (as we called it) the cherry rescue package down to a fiend that lived quite close.

He had agreed to collect me from the airport and take me and the rescue package to cars location as long as i bought him breakfast lol. Upon arrival i got the keys and turned it over yep car wouldn't run but nice strong smell of fuel.

Next i never wasted any time i removed the plugs fitted new ones from care package. Then removed the dizzy and replaced points and condensor cap and rotor arm all in took about 10mins, then turned the key it burst into life and i drove all the way home with no issues.

here are the pics of that day, see if you can spot why i was confident i would be able to drive it home ;)

N1200001.JPG

N1200002.JPG

N1200004.JPG

N1200005.JPG

N1200007.JPG

N1200010.JPG

N1200011.JPG

N1200009.JPG

more pics to follow :)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply