620 body lift?

Plumbob

Does anyone have any experience installing a body lift on a 620? I plan on purchasing a universal mini truck 2'' body lift but I need some advice on how to handle the steering colum. The 620 has an enclosed steering colum that bolts directly to the steering box so if the body is lifted the steering wheel will stay at the original height right? I am not a large man so the decreased distance from the seat to the bottom of the wheel shouldnt be an issue. Has anyone ever done any modification to the steering colum? swapped out for a 4x4 type with u-joint?

I realize that most of you like the slow and low thing but i prefer the slower and higher thing.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my 78 kc has a 2" body lift in it the the column has just been dropped a bit to accommodate the lift, just unbolt the column from the cab then lift it and see how tall of a spacer you need afterwards

pic? Is the body lift the only lift or do you have you bars cranked? In the early 90s I had a 74 with 3 in body lift and canked bars that cleared 31, it was a stomper went anywhere with the help of the welded rear. I bought the truck with the mods and didnt realy pay much attention to how the body lift was done.

here is the truck i will try to get some specific to the steering column, all thats been done is the body lift it has 205/75r15 in the front and 225/75/r15 in the back

campingalberni07.jpg

I got 4" lift once. Had to jack the column into position and bolt it down. Needless to say the column was curved slightly. (not the best) I loosened the steering box and shimmed it slightly to allow some more slack. Two inch seems do-able.

Hi Grahem. I didn't like the wheel shimmed lower than the dash. There wasn't enough room to get my knees in under it.

hey Mike, the spacers on my column are just over an inch and could probably be shorter but i have toyota buckets that sit low in my truck so my knees clear with room to spare