KA24DE radiator plumbin

Boaty

Well, a quick look at the parts stores didn't really turn up anything for me.

I'm running a KA/DE with the eBay radiator (CXRacing) for the KA24DE swap.

I want to avoid using generic flex hose to plumb this thing up with. But I couldn't come up with anything that looks like it would work, the closest being one with an entirely wrong ID.

Anybody running this radiator, or know somebody that is? Any possibility somebody could check out what hoses they are using to plumb this thing up with? The top should be a simple 90* bend, and I have an in-line

temperature switch (unknown donor car, came with the engine) that I can use as a spacer if the long side isn't long enough. I'd like to avoid using it, as I already have an aftermarket temp sensor that goes in the radiator hose I can use. Either/or, doesn't really matter honestly. But it's one of the big mysteries for me at the moment. Nobody local to me has a KA'd 510.

I will wub joo rong time if you happen to have some P/N's for me :D

I was looking at using the single cam thermostat housing to give myself some space between hose and radiator, but it would output the hose right into the throttle body.

How do you people running the single cam single belt conversion on your DE get around this? Just interference fit it? I can't tell without actually having a hose, but it looks like the hose would go right into the throttle body and TPS, MAYBE it could squeeze around it but it didn't look promising. Your thoughts? I'll likely stick with the twin cam housing for the time being but the single belt mod is sounding promising in the future.

Thanks in advance.

How was everybodies Christmas??

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact, I wonder if the stock hoses will work (didn't have them in stock)... where are the factory radiator outlets on a 240sx?

Looking at the pictures from Rockauto it looks like it *may* work, obviously one would have to trim them of course.

I wish I could help you, but I have no idea what the hoses I used are for. You really can't go down to your local parts store and look around? They should have a bin or something full of radiator hoses.. just remember the basic shape you need, and rummage around until you find something that looks like it will fit. You'll probably have to find something that's longer but has the shape you need, then cut out the shape.

• Like 1

I wish I could help you, but I have no idea what the hoses I used are for. You really can't go down to your local parts store and look around? They should have a bin or something full of radiator hoses.. just remember the basic shape you need, and rummage around until you find something that looks like it will fit. You'll probably have to find something that's longer but has the shape you need, then cut out the shape.

I did go down and rummage through an entire wall of hoses, and the closest thing I found was a 2" or so ID hose.

i'm going to call tomorrow and have them order in a set of stock hoses for me to check out. The Rockauto page doesn't show any info really, but from the looks of it I may be able to use the stock upper hose with a bit of trimming. I intend on buying a set of electric gauges, and I believe they have to be installed with a hose adapter since the stock KA has no provisioning for a second temp sender.

The numbers don't happen to be stamped on the hose itself do they?

I think some dayco hoses have the numbers printed on the hose, but I think all the newer Gates/Dayco hoses have labels.

This will help you with the T-stat housing issue. http://community.rat...?showtopic=9735

I'll have to look and see how many spacers I have in stock still.

As for the hoses:

For the lower I use a cut down Gates #21511. (Depending on the rad you use, you may need t make a quick rubber reducer for the rad side.)

For the upper I use a cut down OEM KADE one.

P1130075Small.jpg

Perfect, Creepy!

As I expected, the upper OEM hose would work but I wasn't sure. This clears that up.

Thank you a dozen times, I wasn't sure if I'd ever find a bottom hose. I looked over the entire wall at my old work and didn't find anything, so hopefully these will be the trick. Thanks a ton!

I used to work at a jobber parts house for a couple years some time back. It's a fairly domestic-only stock there, however. Not a lot of imports around here, in comparison to those that go to autozone/O'Reilley's, etc. It's nice that I can order parts in, take 'em, if they don't work I just bring them back without having to worry about having the money up front. I deal with Autozone/O'Reilley's/Napa as little as I can, they always find that extra pocket full of change for me, and they rarely let me keep it..

I am pretty confident that the hoses you posted will work fine with my setup, my only concern is going to be intake plumbing since I haven't done that part yet. That can be fandangled to fit other stuff, coolant hoses are kind of a necessity though.

Thanks again for your help. :)