L20b timing

620fever

Hey guys so I got my timing set installed. I think the motor should be timed correctly, but from what I understand the noch on the front of the cam should line up with the number 2 marking on the cam sprocket if it's a stock cam, right? I snapped a picture cause it looks like I might be a link off, the number 2 marking is about 1 link to the left of the noch. The long white mark is lined up with the noch on the cam. Any input would be appreciated, maybe this is alright, everything else looks fine.

cam%252520timing.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont look right to me.

Cam dowel position will be in the 12o clock position

the outer # will be located in the 2 o clock position.

watch vid again

if anything going by that photo the cam is set to #1 with crank at Zero.

with crank at Zero what number is on the outer sprocket. then ck the V and the notch and see if they line up.

L20s were set to #2 position for emmissions but will still ruin at # 1 just fine.

I would dial it up to zero on crank just to ck the V notch on the sprocket matches up to the dash on the thrust plate. if V is right on or slightly to the left of the dash I say FUCK it and RUN IT.

I could not tell the difference anyways my self on a street car.

if you had brite links on chain and put them on the sprocket dimples it pretty much moron proff.

I had set the sprocket to number 1 position but turns out the v notch lined up perfectly with the mark on the thrust plate so I'm gonna give it a go. Unfortunately the timing set I got had crappy gaskets and guides that didn't actually fit, bent the guides to fit but gonna get some better gaskets.

most guides I have seen are japanese ones. Just depends on the slot used on the slack side guide.

Tensioers I have seen some fit better than others ,where I could get them to fit flush in the tensioner when I set the chain in.

gaskets on the flepro kit there are 2 sets the l16/18 set and the taller L20 set.

sometime you might have to trim the gakets at top so it fits perfect. also use soem sealnt in the corners, around the head. , some slighty around the water passage. But i mean slightly