Hitachi Problem

Zeusimo

I Have To Smog My Truck Soon So I Took The Weber Off And Rebuilt My Hitachi

I Added All The Smog Stuff And I Know It's All Right

The Problem Is When I Start My Truck It Just Revs Up And Doesn't Stop (Throttle's Not Stuck)

I Do Get A Hissing Sound And I'm Sure It's From The Carburetor Itself Not Outside... If That Makes Sense

Also The Idle And Mixture Screw Don't Do Anything..

The Gas Level Stays At The Dot So I Know I'm Good On That Part

I Really Don't Know What's Going On Here

Maybe I Suck At Rebuilding Carbs :(

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, Turns Out The Primary Flapper Thingy Was Stuck Open

So Now It Starts At 17-19 Hundred With Choke Unplugged

Also Lots Of Smoke Lol And Smelly :D

I Think I'm Good Now But I Have No Idea How To Adjust The Two Screws And The Choke :unsure:

The electric choke and the idle cut solenoid have to be plugged into a 12 volt supply that is on with the ignition. This will heat it up and turn the choke off as the engine warms up. If the idle cut is not powered there will be no fuel allowed into the idle circuit and it will never idle. When the engine warms up and the choke is off the fast idle should come off and the idle drop to 600-700 or so.

Turn the idle speed so it will run by itself and then turn the mixture in till the idle quality gets worse and then out till it gets worse. Find a place more or less between these two settings where it runs best and fastest. Turn idle speed down with the idle speed screw. Again turn idle mixture screw in and out finding the smoothest/fastest position and again turn the idle speed down. Repeat until you can no longer make any improvement in the idle.

Valve lash and timing should be set before doing this. If the timing and lash are good then go ahead.