521 wiring q... asap

merlin

wiring up the 620 5 speed... the red wire with black stripe is the loop for the reverse switch... what are the rest of the wires that come out at the harness for ? fuel?

need to wire in the remote black box style ignitor... good write up?... bypass the ballast resistor?

IR 620 alternator into a 521 harness... good pics of how wiring goes?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Search for 510 IR alt swap. i believe most datsuns were the same, there is a wiring diagram.

Instead of splicing wires i just made two small wires in about 2" length, then put spaces on the ends of them and plugged them in accordingly to the external voltage regulator plug. easy, and done

got evrything wired except the EI dizzy its the 77 620 one with the remote black box and i have no wiring harness for it... its got 5 blades, anyone got a diagram of how to connect it? its not on the ei dizzy how to post it

I put a remote module dizzy on my 620. I found it easier to use the GM module in combinationw/ the dizzy. Mklotz has a good write-up on this. The GM module is real small, and mounts well in the engine bay. I mounted right next to the coil. It just haz 4 pins, 1 for dizzy +, 1 for dizzy -, 1 for coil +, 1 for coil -. The ballast resistor is to keep the points from burning, so you don't need it. Make sure you're using the HEI coil...