J series wizzes? Or atleast 411 guys?

ZackTheImpaler

Ok so if any of you have followed my build thread for Rosie, then you know whats up. If you don't here it is

I have a 66 411 Goon that we did a swap to a J15. The J15 i bought ended up being seized and me and pumpkn recently unseized it. I had taken alot of photos of everything as I dismantled the bay to paint, but my phone got water dumped on it, killing every photo I took. I had a few on photobucket, and a wiring diagram, so that's what we used to put her back together.

So she is unseized and almost almost almost starting. Seems to be that maybe there aren't some wires hooked up right. So I tooki some pics to see if maybe you guys know something we dont.

FYI when i was trying to start her there was smoke and meltingness happening from the negative connector at the battery. I mean like within two seconds of turning the key. I made a video of how close she is coming to starting but it's going to take awhile to upload.

anyway some photos

IMAG0656.jpg

IMAG0657.jpg

IMAG0658.jpg

IMAG0659.jpg

IMAG0660.jpg

IMAG0661.jpg

IMAG0662.jpg

IMAG0663.jpg

IMAG0664.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so if any of you have followed my build thread for Rosie, then you know whats up. If you don't here it is

I have a 66 411 Goon that we did a swap to a J15. The J15 i bought ended up being seized and me and pumpkn recently unseized it. I had taken alot of photos of everything as I dismantled the bay to paint, but my phone got water dumped on it, killing every photo I took. I had a few on photobucket, and a wiring diagram, so that's what we used to put her back together.

So she is unseized and almost almost almost starting. Seems to be that maybe there aren't some wires hooked up right. So I tooki some pics to see if maybe you guys know something we dont.

FYI when i was trying to start her there was smoke and meltingness happening from the negative connector at the battery. I mean like within two seconds of turning the key. I made a video of how close she is coming to starting but it's going to take awhile to upload.

anyway some photos

IMAG0662.jpg

IMAG0664.jpg

How come the two wires you asked about in another thread never got hooked up??????????????? Or was ground smoking so you took them off??

Like i said i believe by looking at my friends car those are grounds. because his 411 is by far the most original ( not rebuilt absolutely original ) one you`ll ever see.

They aren't anywhere because we couldn 't figure out where they go! I don't see where they were grounded at.

I marked them with numbers, but over the oil and dirt it's hard to read them. Seems I marked them as the same number, which would mean they connected together somehow.

we think that the ignition coil might not bet hooked up right. The wiring diagram said to hook it up differently than it was.

2011-08-15125308.jpg

This is how it was hooked up before, contrary to wire diagram.

How come the two wires you asked about in another thread never got hooked up??????????????? Or was ground smoking so you took them off??

Like i said i believe by looking at my friends car those are grounds. because his 411 is by far the most original ( not rebuilt absolutely original ) one you`ll ever see.

These ..that are hanging in your pictures and bolted to regulator in mine

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ065.jpg

I also posted where those wires go in this/ your thread, response #16 ............................click the link .

CLICK IT!!

http://community.rat...-shot-j-series/

laugh.gif

Is that your light relay it's bolted to?

I can't tell from the pic and I didn't want to go bolting wires into things!

I checked and I'm not getting a spark from the plugs, I grounded those wires to the body a bit ago and tried. She sounded alot more solid while trying to turn over, but still no spark.

My SD card got fried as well. I pulled it and tried it in my phone and on my mini SD insert on the comp. I've got a few pics on photobucket for reference still. Alot of this is turning into commen sense. Almost seems easier to teach myself the logistics behind the electronics than to find out where they go by looking for a pic.

Most phone now have a removable card that will contain the photos -- so even if the phone is damaged, you can pop the card in a PC or into another phone...

Shit son good thing I went back and looked at that post on a comp. On my phone it didn't show there was a video, so i couldn't see where those grounded to.

I think something isn't hooked up right with my ignition coil right now.

These ..that are hanging in your pictures and bolted to regulator in mine

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ065.jpg

I also posted where those wires go in this/ your thread, response #16 ............................click the link .

CLICK IT!!

http://community.rat...-shot-j-series/

laugh.gif