l series engine mount compatability

Zfighter76

do all l series mounts work on all l series engines? i will be doing a l28 swap into my 620, and though there is a well documented swap by topless620, i will be taking a different approach with the mounting and use the original mounting position to maintain use of normal radiator position and mechanical fan. i will be cutting the firewall and making a gear selector linkage to move it forward to the correct position, anyways, anyone know if i can use 280z mounts on a 620 and vise versa?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

plus the inline six looks somewhat stock to the untrained eye. some might pass by and not notice that its not an l16, the valve cover is so close. also the wiring of the vg series is more complicated and i like the inline 6 torque and sound. the v6 thing is just too new-fangled to me and i dont wanna have to get custom mounts. and the firewall cutting is fairly simple, just hack a big hole, drop in the engine, and weld sheet metal to cover the engine. only thing thats hard is getting the custom drive-shaft and thats, what, 1-2 hundred bucks? oh yeah and modify the trans cross member to have a different mount position. oh yeah, and i have an l28 with less than 30k miles so thats a plus too. (and the whole car, hint hint, that suspension will one day find its way onto the truck chassiscool.gif maybe next year