U67 Head Rebuilt $350 EDIT

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many cam makers and re-grinders measure their cams differently. I see that the advertised duration is 282 and the overlap is 54 yet the drawing shows 236 and 16 because it is measured at 0.050" lift. ??? Very confusing to the buyer.

For future reference, one and all~

Cam makers and regrinders do not measure their products differently~ they collectively use two methods of measurement neither being specific to either market. The two standards used are: 1. degrees duration @ .006 lift~ This duration measurement's taken (and dates back to the advent of aftermarket cams) because at .006" all lash has been taken up in the valve train, and is preloaded and ready for action! In this example we're talking 282o. The second standard is lift @ .050"(here 236o ). This number was chosen because research has shown that at this lift is when a measureable amount of airflow begins to take place, and gives a more accurate picture of performance potential. The difference between the two measurements can vary depending on ramp shapes/designs, and lifter type.

Hope this clears up some of the mystery....

Peace~

Scott

• Like 1

For future reference, one and all~

Cam makers and regrinders do not measure their products differently~ they collectively use two methods of measurement neither being specific to either market. The two standards used are: 1. degrees duration @ .006 lift~ This duration measurement's taken (and dates back to the advent of aftermarket cams) because at .006" all lash has been taken up in the valve train, and is preloaded and ready for action! In this example we're talking 282o. The second standard is lift @ .050"(here 236o ). This number was chosen because research has shown that at this lift is when a measureable amount of airflow begins to take place, and gives a more accurate picture of performance potential. The difference between the two measurements can vary depending on ramp shapes/designs, and lifter type.

Hope this clears up some of the mystery....

Peace~

Scott

Good information. Thanks

• 2 months later...

With all due respect to Hainz, I know exactly how his replies can come off. IMO, it doesn't really justify anything. And deleting his post won't really change anything.

To be honest I am pretty much over pressing the issue. This horse is dead.smile.gif

I'll take it...I'M in NY 11367. send me shipping charge.

will you take 350.00 and ship to 28690 thanks

Will you take $350 shipped to 95135 San Jose CA?

Making offers on here amounts to an auction. Read the rules. They are there to avoid the seller having to deal publicly with low ball offers. If you are so inclined do it by private message and spare us.

Buyers

1/ Replies WILL be limited to questions about the item for sale and 'reasonable offers'. All others will be removed at the moderators discretion.

2/ Negative comments about the item or the price WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. These will be removed and the member warned once or temp banned, totally at the moderators discretion. No excuses, no exceptions.

Buyers are also encouraged to make offers to the seller by p/m or their e-mail.

Questions about price and or item quality may be directed to seller by PM.

Concerns about the truthfulness of the seller's item should be made known via the Report button and moderators will remove or put the sale on hold, at their discretion.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.