turn signal on left stays solid instead of flashing

on my 78 200sx my right turn signals work perfect but my left ones dont flash but stay on i just replaced all bulbs left & right on front & back

but when i turn the emergency flashers on they all work but the front left isnt as bright as the right front

its really starting to bug me i was thinking it might be the flasher unit but the right side works and they all work with the 4 ways on... is there differant flashers for left/right/4ways cause someone just told me there might be 3 for the differant ways it flashes?

any help please?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Front left signal is the problem.There is possible corrosion in the +12 volt side. I would say possibly the ground side but then the running light would also be dim and you don't mention this. This could even be the bulb socket which gets it's share of road spray. Look into the bottom of the socket for corrosion and be sure the two contacts are still spring loaded to make firm contact with the bulb. Check the nearest connector, sometimes just unplugging and plugging back in will fix it.

Check that you have the proper bulb and that it is in correctly and not turned 180 and the running light is not in the signal light position.

Front left signal is the problem.There is possible corrosion in the +12 volt side. I would say possibly the ground side but then the running light would also be dim and you don't mention this. This could even be the bulb socket which gets it's share of road spray. Look into the bottom of the socket for corrosion and be sure the two contacts are still spring loaded to make firm contact with the bulb. Check the nearest connector, sometimes just unplugging and plugging back in will fix it.

Check that you have the proper bulb and that it is in correctly and not turned 180 and the running light is not in the signal light position.

ok with the running lights on the right side is still fine and on the left side the rear stays solid and the front isnt on at all when i use the turn signals

so i would clean up the socket but i cant find my damn turminal connection cleaner