Small block swap in a zzzzz

datsun mom

I am looking for a template for engine mounts. we have a 240 z with a 350 in it and are considering putting one in a 280. the mounts they used in the 240 are pretty ugly. but the frame mounts are in the same place on both cars so i could copy them. again they are ugly. any ideas are welcome. thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for a template for engine mounts. we have a 240 z with a 350 in it and are considering putting one in a 280. the mounts they used in the 240 are pretty ugly. but the frame mounts are in the same place on both cars so i could copy them. again they are ugly. any ideas are welcome. thanks

Best place for info on Z car V8 swaps is

www.hybridz.org

There is a company that sells a V8 install kit and components.

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Datsun_Z_V-8.html

If you want to install an LS series engine, Johns cars made the kit I used.

http://www.brokenkitty.com/zcar/zcar.htm

Ugly Mounts You say !? I must have made them !!! :lol: (jk)

Yeah ,,, My First Z V8 Chevy Swap Mounts in a 240z ,,, I still use them and are mounted ,,, but they are a bit ugly ,,, I no care ,,, (made it into a cradle that goes under the engine and connects both sides to the beefed up frame , planning to triangulate compartment this winter with $$$ available,,, ,,, But Hey ,,, I Now know how to build a better set of pretty looking chevy/z engine mounts next time (after the fact) !

Second HybridZ for info !!! ( careful over there ,,, they eat up anyone they think has not searched first )

JTR = is the kit (mounts) I would go with to,,, if just going with a bolt in swap ,,,

SummitRacing.com , Speedway.com , Jegs.com ,,, I believe all sell universal Chevy Motor Mount Cradles kits for front plates and side engine mounts ( which you would have )

or just ask someone on here for chevy engine mount conversion blueprints from JTR book ! ( I don't have one sorry ! )

Good Luck

Ugly Mounts You say !? I must have made them !!! :lol: (jk)

Yeah ,,, My First Z V8 Chevy Swap Mounts in a 240z ,,, I still use them and are mounted ,,, but they are a bit ugly ,,, I no care ,,, (made it into a cradle that goes under the engine and connects both sides to the beefed up frame , planning to triangulate compartment this winter with $$ available,,, ,,, But Hey ,,, I Now know how to build a better set of pretty looking chevy/z engine mounts next time (after the fact) !

Second HybridZ for info !!! ( careful over there ,,, they eat up anyone they think has not searched first )

JTR = is the kit (mounts) I would go with to,,, if just going with a bolt in swap ,,,

SummitRacing.com , Speedway.com , Jegs.com ,,, I believe all sell universal Chevy Motor Mount Cradles kits for front plates and side engine mounts ( which you would have )

or just ask someone on here for chevy engine mount conversion blueprints from JTR book ! ( I don't have one sorry ! )

Good Luck

i like the idea of a cradle hmmmm