CV joint conversion adaptors

Im looking for a set of adapters that allow you to run CV's. The kits i've seen are a little spendy for what you get. Being into VW's as well I use to work at a race shop here and know that you can order axles any size you want and 930 type CVs are not needed as some kits have out there. If I could find a pair of adaptors I have a buddy that could make them on his CNC and probley be able to put a kit together for a ratsun price. CV's are the way to go by all means and using VW Type 2 CV's and saw-a-way axles you could have a setup that would handle boosted power and smooth out the ride.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have seen these and it seems that he does not make them anymore. Most likely going to have to design my own. Have a couple ideas, to figure out spline count on diff, going to talk with some buddys that still race offroad.

Using somebody elses adapters to take measurements off of is just being a copycat, isnt it.

What would be wrong with doing a little measureing and designing your own rather than stealing somebody elses work?

Thats what im probley going to end up doing, just wanted to be lazy. :rolleyes:

You might contact Mattndew and see if he will give/sell you the cad file for the adapter. If he is not making them he may not mind if someone else does. You can also get adapter kits from Wolf Creek Racing though I am not sure if they sell just the adapters.

My set up is using type 2 CV's and the 15 5/8" long spline axles which need to be modified to work. You have to trim a small amount of of the ends to shorten them up and cut two grooves on each end for retaining clips.

Once you figure the cost of the axles, CV's, adapters (which will be less expensive to make with some volume), extra machine work, and shipping costs/research time you are in for about $800...or for $900 you can buy a bolt in solution.

I went with a friend to pick up a set of the The Wolf Creek axles that are now under his V8 Z car .They are made from Chrome molly steel they are heat treated and also Cryo treated the kit comes with everything from the nuts and bolts to the grease to lube them . Todd is a great guy to deal with if any one is considering going this route .

• Like 1

Well if thats the case with the quality of the parts then i'll be more then happy to pay a extra $100 and not have to come up with my design that is not going to be any better then his. Thanks for the info and I will be getting in contact with him.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.