SR20DET Vacuum lines & FPR

dennis

The SR20DET is going to get dropped in soon, just waiting on a few parts. I was following some of the vacuum charts and noticed everyone has two vacuum ports on the top of their throttle bodies. I only have one and it is below the throttle body and this is supposed to go to the wategate actuator. One of them get capped off or you can run your EAI solenoid and the other goes to the FPR. Since I only have one on the lower side of my throttle body and none on the top can I just run vacuum off of my intake manifold to my FPR? Also, doesnt the one from my wastegate actuator split off and go to my BOV as well?

Next question. I have a Tomei S-Type regulator that is externally mounted. I have to run from my fuel pump to the fuel rail and then the rail to my FPR @ 3bar then back to the fuel tank? I just want to make sure I dont screw anything up when I start bending my fuel line.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I can absolutely guaranty you that I will be doing exactly that!! Just picked up my CAN/AM from Icehouse over the weekend. :)

Yeah I was watching your wanted thread. I was going to buy one too but wiring is my thing so I just saved my money and used it elsewhere.

Comparing that to mine (bone stock sr) looks the same. The confusion looks to be that those lines everyone has running from the top of the TB are actually on the intake manifold. So you'll haver to tap in to it somehow for vacuum.

One point tho, PLMS (wish i could link atm) said to keep your waste gate line pre-TB, its not designed to work in vacuum. (which can happen on closed throttle inside the TB I imagine)

I just did get my sr mounted and running myself.

Comparing that to mine (bone stock sr) looks the same. The confusion looks to be that those lines everyone has running from the top of the TB are actually on the intake manifold. So you'll haver to tap in to it somehow for vacuum.

One point tho, PLMS (wish i could link atm) said to keep your waste gate line pre-TB, its not designed to work in vacuum. (which can happen on closed throttle inside the TB I imagine)

I just did get my sr mounted and running myself.

FSM shows the wastegate connected to one of two tubes on the bottom of the throttle body or the intake manifold. If you look on my intake manifold on the first pic you will see two threaded holes for vacuum ports.

FSM shows the wastegate connected to one of two tubes on the bottom of the throttle body or the intake manifold. If you look on my intake manifold on the first pic you will see two threaded holes for vacuum ports.

my waste gate run's of the line on my turbo . but i have a external tial waste gate

my waste gate run's of the line on my turbo . but i have a external tial waste gate

I thought the vacuum from the throttle body was the source but my eyes lied to me. It is actually off of the charge pipe. I wonder if it smart to pull it after the intercooler? It shouldnt have any pressure drop but I could be wrong.

Here is a pic from the FSM for an S13 Vacuum lines.

VacDiagramSmall.jpg