240z wheel questions

josh_t

Well i want to get these wheels of a friend of mine who has a 72 240 that sadly was fully submerged in a flood for 2-4 days in a flood a few years back. The tires on them are 225/70R14. i am 99% sure that wont fit under my car. i plan on cleaning these wheels up with some steel wool and then painting the mesh gloss black. there are 2 sizes that are wide enough for my liking in the same diameter or really close. from skinny to wide there is: 205/55R14 which the cheapest is a nitto NT555R drag radial at $101. then there is the 225/50/R14 the cheapest there is the Toyo Proxes R888 at $153. the toyo's are supposed to be for road racing, track days, and high performance driving schools, according to them. i just want a regular tire. a good wearing tire since they are an inch or 2 wider than my tires now im sure they will stop and corner better than what i got now. i really want a wide tire that isnt too low of a profile that will still fit in my fenders without too much rolling. i plan to do a little rolling at the least. i also want a tire that will fit well enough in front that i can lower the front enough to get rid of the ugly tire to fender gap.

318649_2535662600554_1523273381_2748277_528811525_n.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i did a little more looking around and when i get the wheels i think i'm stickin with 195's since thats the widest affordable tire in that diameter for a 14" wheel. i can get these for $76 at the local discount tire in 195/60r14. and they will come out to be only 2% (1.2mph) off from the original tires at 60mph. i plan on using a gps so i can check my speed on that instead of relying on the mechanical speedo. i know most of the crew at that store so i would go there regardless. rated to 130 (like i can get that kind of speed.) we have falken sinceras on our jeep cherokee and they look good and ride great so i'm pretty much sold on these tires. any other suggestions welcome though.

http://www.falkentire.com/Tires/Passenger-Car/ZIEX-ZE-512-13

What I have in my 310 are 185/55r14 Federals ss-595 gottem at ebay plus shp, and the front rims width 7'' they have that nice square look to them. What are the width of those rims of yours + backspace?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-NEW-FEDERAL-SS-595-TIRES-185-55-14-185-55R14-1855514-/120709501744?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Section+Width%3A185%7CAspect+Ratio%3A55%7CRim+Diameter%3A14&vxp=mtr&hash=item1c1ad8d330

DSC00131.jpg