240z suspension anyone?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go with new parts. if you buy used off Ebay or C/L you have no idea how long they have been sitting around or if someone just repainted old parts and are selling them as new. I found this out the hard way when I replaced the springs on my 72 ( Wasted money and time) . I also found it was cheaper to buy the sets than buying everything separate . I was happy with this set I bought http://www.zcarsource.com/tokico-hp-strut-spring-set-70-74-coupe-new_8_52546_48396.html and bushings http://www.zcarsource.com/urethane-master-bushing-kit-70-73-new_8_52571_48406.html tighten everything up nice. I also went with wider, low profile tires and it corned like a new vette smile.gif . I am sure you could fine them cheaper by doing a search of the part numbers on google. Hope this helps. BTW you will want to check you frame where the sway bar connects to the frame and make sure it is not rusted out.

You can dismantle the front strut and dump out the 5 W damper oil and replace with 20W motorcycle front fork oil. I did this with the Maxima struts I put in my 710. I kept the 710 spring but shortened it one coil to increase the spring rate 50%. Ride is firm and lower and very well damped with almost no rebound. I imagine you can do the same on the back. If shorter springs can be purchased then do so, cutting them is one way and over stiff can't be fixed.