Two L16 Motors and Weber/Dizzy/Auto trans

I have two L16's, one has 15lbs in # 3 and the other has nothing in # 2. I'm over it and just going to do sr20det swap but that means my 510 is off the road alittle longer:( Also have a weber 32/36 on manifold distributor from 78 620(may be a dizzy not sure what that means) and auto trans from a 72 510. Also have stock carb and manifold and a flywheel. the weber is good to go and ran fine. Let me know if intrested weber is $100, motors $50 each, trans $50, dist $40 (has brand new cap, roto, condenser and points). All is obo. Will put pics up tommorow whem there is sun, THANKS.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the distributor, (dizzy) has points it's not from a '78. Nor is it the desirable Electronic Ignition dizzy worth roughly $60 to $80.

How complete are the L16 engines? Manifolds, carb, water pump, starter, alternator, ??

AWWW! Good to know. One motor is complete - a carb. The other has stock carb and air cleaner, exhaust manifold (not attachedat this time) with a double point distributor and water pump. One is set up for auto and other is manual. Have only one starter. Car came with the motor that has a low #3 cylinder and Purchased the other motor to replace with. Can make one or the other complete though. Shipping I looked into and is around $250 to $300 to get a truck to pick up from residence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have two L16's, one has 15lbs in # 3 and the other has nothing in # 2.

Sounds possible that both have some serious internal damage. Have either been disassembled/inspected?

Broken valves, holy pistons/cylinder walls, etc..?

Hey i was wondering i have an l18 motor will ur flex plate from ur l16 motr fit my l18???? Also email me so i can email back

Yes the L16 flex plate will bolt on. Just beware that there were at least three automatics used on the L16 and although the mounting bolts and the starter ring gear are in the same place the torque converters were very different and may bolt to the flex plate differently. If it was from a very late (04 '71 510 or newer) it will work. Earlier ones I don't know. Get pictures of it and compare

• 1 month later...

Also a little help on my -1 rep because it wasnt worth it to ship a tired L16 to So Cal, sorry but just not worth it at $450 shipping to the buyer, I can't do that to a fellow ratsun member!!!!! Get a KA. Sorry it didn't work out but you live in So Cal there is a very plentiful stock of L16's i'm sure, I used to live there. Thanks!!!!!!!

Thanks man! Everything will definitely be put to good use. I will have to text you tomorrow about my schedule because the store manager was out sick today and hasn't posted the upcoming schedule. Can't wait to see how your 4 door is coming along! Thanks again, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. :cool:

Thanks for the motors, trans and random L series parts you gave me today! It was cool to hang out for a quick minute and see what you have going. Your 510 is comin along nice and if you ever need a hand or someone to drink your beer, call me. I even made it to work with 5 minutes to spare! :cool: You sir, are awesome in my book.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.