s13 Cusco Camber Plates Mr2 Struts issue

datsunpilot

Hey I dont know if this has ever been brought up. I got some used Cusco s13 pillow camber plates from a guy in Fla off craigslist to go with my front struts which are 280s w GC coil overs and MR2 Tokico inserts.

That being said the shaft for the inserts is smaller then the ID for the S13 camber plates. Like 3mm I think. I think if I remember the ID for the pillow is 15mm and the OD of the insert's shaft is 12mm. I made up some chincy spacer bushings to slide in there but they have worn out in under 1000 miles and I want to do it right.

Does anyone know where I can get the Mr2 sized Cusco pillows to press in to the s13 plates that I have. Cusco is a difficult company to deal with as it seems they have zero representatives here in the States. Or does anyone know of a shop that sells various sized pillows. One side also has some play in it causing a clunking which is likely why the guy sold them any how.

Any thoughts? :)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I talked to Gabe at T3 he said get a hold of Cusco. So he didnt really have an answer but if I cant come up with anything I will see if he has any tricks up his sleeve. I really wanted to get the T3 camber plates but there were just too good a deal to pass up but now look at my predicament. Hind sights 20 20 right?

Hey I dont know if this has ever been brought up. I got some used Cusco s13 pillow camber plates from a guy in Fla off craigslist to go with my front struts which are 280s w GC coil overs and MR2 Tokico inserts.

That being said the shaft for the inserts is smaller then the ID for the S13 camber plates. Like 3mm I think. I think if I remember the ID for the pillow is 15mm and the OD of the insert's shaft is 12mm. I made up some chincy spacer bushings to slide in there but they have worn out in under 1000 miles and I want to do it right.

Does anyone know where I can get the Mr2 sized Cusco pillows to press in to the s13 plates that I have. Cusco is a difficult company to deal with as it seems they have zero representatives here in the States. Or does anyone know of a shop that sells various sized pillows. One side also has some play in it causing a clunking which is likely why the guy sold them any how.

Any thoughts? :)

I also have some s13 pillowball mounts but mine are Tein I have Coils with stock 69 struts and have the same problem. no one seems to sell the nuts and the spacers seprate that I can find :(

I think the strut nut he is talking about is a nut that is twice as tall and the lower half works as the sleeve that fits in the pillow ball. looks just like a shanked lug nut for mag wheels. but if your strut threads are too close to the size of the pillow ball hole that wont work. Maybe try making another sleeve or bushing like you did before but out of super hard steel? if it is a tight fit and there is no room for it to move there shouldn't be a problem. Gabe at T3 made me a set because I had T3 plates and rabbit inserts that were like 2 or 3mm different. I don't have a ton of miles on mine yet, probably 750, but they seem to work fine.