Steering Wheel Hubs

I've looked and I just can't find much info in here (or out there) on available Steering Wheel Hubs for the Datsun.

I am interested in a "Quick Release Hub" but don't want the stack up to be too long. (Hub, Quick Release , Wheel)

I want a "Semi" deep Steering Wheel and I do not want the wheel to be in my chest so what are my options?

I know there are short hubs available but I do not know what spline fits the 510.

I have a standard 6 hole Personal Steering Wheel and 4" Boss.

Also, if possible, I want to retain my Turn signal de-activation feature and horn.

(Mods, if this is in the wrong place or a gross re-post, please move or let me know where the Hub thread is at.

I've searched and all I could find was some arbitrary info.)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you kinda confused me on what you were saying. So you have a steering wheel already and want a short quick release hub for it? put photos of what you have

I have a boss 6 hole hub (you can find these on ebay), a ebay 6 hole steering wheel, and if you want a short quick release there are lots of options, ebay? nrg? momo?

DSC_2222.jpg?t=1312401678

DSC_2220.jpg?t=1312401694

I have a standard 6 hole Personal Wheel. (Old school 350MM Monza Edition)

I have a Datsun boss hub that is about 4" long.

If I were to put a 3" Quick release onto it, it would make it way too close to my chest.

So I want a Short hub similar to what NRG has but I do not know what spline to use.

I have heard they do not have the correct spline for the Datsun 510.

Anyone have pic examples of their hub setup?

You kick ass bro! Thanks for the pics. (nice ignition bezel btw!)

Isn't that a little too close to you though? I def looks like it would be. :blink:

Why the heck do the hubs have to be so long?

They should be the "spline length" plus "mounting thread length" plus "a little clearance" for nut.

Maybe 2" at most....

You kick ass bro! Thanks for the pics. (nice ignition bezel btw!)

Isn't that a little too close to you though? I def looks like it would be. :blink:

Why the heck do the hubs have to be so long?

They should be the "spline length" plus "mounting thread length" plus "a little clearance" for nut.

Maybe 2" at most....

No problem. lol

Its not to bad. I think its pretty comfortable where its at.

It does sit a little high though because my seats are so low. I intend to lower the column a couple inches in the near future to take care of that issue but, other then that Its fine.

No problem. lol

Its not to bad. I think its pretty comfortable where its at.

It does sit a little high though because my seats are so low. I intend to lower the column a couple inches in the near future to take care of that issue but, other then that Its fine.

When you lower it, won't the curve set it even closer to you?

• 3 months later...