differential in 77-79 200sx

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have an actual Silvia? They are different than a 200sx.

As for gear ratios, there are pros and cons of different gearing. More high end, more low end, faster cruising speeds, slower crawling, it all depends on what the car is going to be used for.

anyone know if my differential is a 4.11 or something else?

and what are the benifits of having a higher or lower differential gearing?

I dont know what diff you have but the higer the gearing the more top end speed you have and if you lower th gearing then you have more torqe of the line. I think thats right or its completley reverse of what i said :lol:

anyone know if my differential is a 4.11 or something else?

and what are the benifits of having a higher or lower differential gearing?

Five speeds were 3.889, automatics were 3.70. Only way you could have a 4.11 is if it was swapped in from a '74 710 automatic.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have an actual Silvia? They are different than a 200sx.

As for gear ratios, there are pros and cons of different gearing. More high end, more low end, faster cruising speeds, slower crawling, it all depends on what the car is going to be used for.

no i wish i had an actual silvia but its a 200sx

My automatic 710 has a 4.11 in it and I plan to swap it for a 3.70 I have out of my '77. Mrs. d drives it to work and back in the summer. It goes about a car length and is in second... you don't hear or feel it. The next shift is third but easy to believe it just going into second and it revs and revs and revs while you keep waiting for it to shift but it never does. The 4.11 will be right at home in my goon. :lol:

My automatic 710 has a 4.11 in it and I plan to swap it for a 3.70 I have out of my '77. Mrs. d drives it to work and back in the summer. It goes about a car length and is in second... you don't hear or feel it. The next shift is third but easy to believe it just going into second and it revs and revs and revs while you keep waiting for it to shift but it never does. The 4.11 will be right at home in my goon. :lol:

is it the same tranny as in the b210? 3n71?

Nissan started using their 3N71B in April '71 in the 510 so pretty much everything after then was 3N71B equipped. No it's not the same as the B-210 but it does fit the L18. FWIW it's a long 31.5" and not the short like in the 510/early 620.