Name that diff :)

sikn3s

IMAG0641.jpg

IMAG0642.jpg

Basically this is what came with my 510. Finishing the planning part of my project and went thru the car to double check what I want to upgrade. I've heard the R160 is a bit on the weaker side and wanted to double check the rear diff and this is what I came about. Also note the second picture where the rear subframe has been notched to accomodate the rear differential length. I've done research on the R160, 180, and 200. But i haven't come across a diff that has cooling fins with "datsun" written on it. Maybe its due to the variations of the different diffs, idk. If you guys could help me that'd be great. Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the car has some goodies. I got it for next to nothing and the body is in pretty decent shape. Rust below the gas cap behind the overfenders but not bad for being a previous race car. Lots of old technology and from what I can see and what i've been told, this car had its hay day. Stock 1600 motor was yanked and was supposedly built. Externally I can see a MSD distributor cap, aftermarket fan cover, speed bleeder valve on the coolant sensor (leading me to believe the guy installed this to help with maintainence), holley inline fuel pump with ss braided line from front to back, blue drop springs with red or orange tokiko shocks, fiberglass hood, fenders, trunk, and rear overfenders, roll cage, and this diff and the orange colored axles that seem to be connected to it. Everything looks aged but I know for a fact that the car hasn't moved in about 8-10 years but has been in a garage. I have an sr20de on the side with a ka24de trans. I'm trying to figure out the best way to go about finding out what the diff is... Any other suggestions besides the usual stamp? LOL.