KA24E cam specs

HRH

Okay, so I've been looking around the interwebz trying to find information regarding camshaft profiles between truck KAs and car KAs. EDIT: NAPA computer says the same, so does hollander.

So after many pathetic forum readings (zilvia.net thread had morons posting, wow, I say, just wow) I was only able to find info on DE heads, which is great, but not what I need.

Using the money from selling the NX, I'm trying to do as much as possible on the truck while saving as much as possible. It occurred to me that perhaps the 240sx or early Stanza single cams had a hotter cam than the trucks, but I have no backing for that at all.

Has anyone put a car KAE cam in a truck, and if so, what were the results? I know PDM has regrinds, but $254 is too much for my cheap-ass ratsun blood, though it's actually the most reasonably priced cam I've seen. However, I know Delta usually runs between $60 and $80 for a reground cam for the 20b, so stands to reason they'd be pretty economical for the KA cam. Don't know, have to call them in the morning.

But if the car cams work for a mild upgrade, I can get those at PNS for dirt nothing, and budget performance is where it's at. So, what say you guys?

Oh, and totally random, I saw a Nissan Axxess driving in Spokane today, WA plates too, it was badass!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sonofabitch. I re-checked the NAPA computer today and I must have looked up a double cam or something because they show to be the same. I called Spaldings and had Forrest check it out for me, his hollander shows cams being the same between trucks and 89-90 240sx. So according to that, no benefit of a hotter cam with the car motor.

And contrary to that other article (don't know if right or wrong) the NAPA computer shows .272 int/exh lift and 210 deg int/216 deg exh with 109 deg lobe separation.

So unless someone else knows different, doesn't look like there's any free hp to be had.