HELP Rebuilding My 720! (Z24 Carb)

HumanoidThe23rd

Hey guys. So a buddy of mine and I have been rebuilding my 720. We are almost done! But we need some help. We need to know the heater hose routing, vacuum hose routing, and the wiring of the alternator, and wiring for a few other simple things. If someone could get back to me with some information that would be great. But would be even better than that would be a couple of pictures of the things I am talking about. I would be insanely grateful. This project has taken way too long and I've got a few more waiting to get started.. including dropping a four speed in my 70' 510! Please if someone could help that would be great.

Thanks Guys.

Long Live Ratsun!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes those will be very helpful for sure. I've looked in my manual and it was no help. What I need to know or see, is where the two heater hoses come out of the firewall, where they go. There is little to nothing about the heater in my manual. It just talks about removing and installing the heater assembly, as well as the heater core. If someone could please explain where those hoses go or let a picture do the talking that would be great.

Thanks Guys

Water comes out of the right hand side of the block at the very back below the rearmost intake runner and above the starter. The return hose from the heater is close to this one, and is connected to a fitting on the underside of the intake directly below the carb. Here it mixes with warming water from the intake runners and is piped forward to the lower rad return hose and back into the pump. How's that?

Haynes/Chiltons are crap for stuff like this. Spend $40 and get a Nissan factory service manual FSM for your year.

Thank you guys for all the help. This is why I love Ratsun. Everything from fenders to simple questions like this one. But I honestly think that whats going to help us the most are a few pictures of an engine bay, of the heater hose routing etc. If someone could please take a few pictures I would be insanely grateful. Either way though guys. Thanks

• 1 year later...