Update on my 77 620

Radiant-Designer

Well thank you all for all the help and opinions. I thought I would share some updated pics and some of the improvments that I have made.....

first off the Weber upgrade. this took some time and patients, but overall had a good sense of accomplishment (and it cleaned up the engine bay a lot now that I took out all the California smog stuff)!

I purchased it from Weber Carbs direct, the instructions were a bit lacking (it was a very general set that I assume are used for most any install and had the wron info for the studs and the adaptor plates, and then talked about lines that I didnt have)

IMAG0765.jpg

It is a lot more fun to drive with more "get up and go" and a smoother accelleration and over all drivability. It could use a little tweaking, but it will come with time.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are two pics of the seats that I changed out. the original was beyond worn and riding on the floor. If anyone is interested in it Its up for grabs.... hate to throw it away but I wont be using it, if nobody wants it I may just take the seat bracket.

these are Corbeau racing seats, grab ya and feel nice.... kind of a pain to ge3t in and out of the truck too much but for my commute they are fine. They have seat brackets that bold right in so no modification to the truck itself (YAY I dont have to drill holes int he floor)

IMAG0767.jpgIMAG0768.jpg

Perhaps the best upgrade I could do... Somethign I know you have all been begging for....

IMAG0769.jpg

Still have to install them.... but yes CUP HOLDERS

Also I dont have pics of it, but I took the whole bed off (wow the gas tank is attached to the Bed and not the frame.... wtf), and used POR-15 on all of the frame that I could. I was shocked how nice it was to begin with, but it isnt in Cali anymore and New England salt and snow is notorious.

Perhaps the best upgrade I could do... Somethign I know you have all been begging for....

IMAG0769.jpg

Still have to install them.... but yes CUP HOLDERS

Also I dont have pics of it, but I took the whole bed off (wow the gas tank is attached to the Bed and not the frame.... wtf), and used POR-15 on all of the frame that I could. I was shocked how nice it was to begin with, but it isnt in Cali anymore and New England salt and snow is notorious.

Neat, I have those same cup holders in my 620.

Ok so decided to put in the 180 degree thermostat this weekend... and low and behold there wasnt even one on originally. Of course there was one of those universal gaskets in the kit that was supposed to fit all the cars, but it didnt work so well for mine. I scraped all the liquid gasket off and wire brushed the thermostat housing as clean as I could, but it leaked. 63 cents later at Napa and I got a real gasket that seems to be doing a lot better, still a little tiny leak but I am working on that.

While I was working on this I noticed the bottom half of the thermostat housing, ont he pass side where the longer bolt goes in someone cracked the side of the hosing off... so the threads only go around 60% of the bolt. I'm not too worried right this second but its another thing on my replace list. just have to find one.