So I'm gonna be spending a few years in the UK

Not too related but we send people over to England for work and they barely make it ou the rental cars driveway and SMASH.

Its right left right in England!!!!!!!!!

you have to remember you have to make the car legal to drive over there.

its like Japan. Rusty holes has to be replaced not bondo'd up. otherwise they will not licence it.same in Germany otherwise SCRAP

Even Goichi1(Rich) with his Bluebird coup had nice disc brakes in back. He had to have Icehouse(jeff Hino) send him the stock brake drums back to Japan otherwise they werent going to put it on the road(stupid I know but thats the way it is)

Bring a old Cheap Corvette over there and sell it!They pay big money for them over there

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too related but we send people over to England for work and they barely make it ou the rental cars driveway and SMASH.

Its right left right in England!!!!!!!!!

you have to remember you have to make the car legal to drive over there.

its like Japan. Rusty holes has to be replaced not bondo'd up. otherwise they will not licence it.same in Germany otherwise SCRAP

Even Goichi1(Rich) with his Bluebird coup had nice disc brakes in back. He had to have Icehouse(jeff Hino) send him the stock brake drums back to Japan otherwise they werent going to put it on the road(stupid I know but thats the way it is)

Bring a old Cheap Corvette over there and sell it!They pay big money for them over there

Your co workers must be quite poor drivers :D . At my work we have numerous German / European students coming to spend a year in UK. Most come with their LHD cars.Typically these kids have been driving for < 24 months and all on the wrong side of the road (like the US :P ) yet very seldom do you hear that they have met with a motor accident due to driving on opposite sides etc.

There is no need to panic about the MOT requirements. You dont get penalised for swapping drum brakes>discs, going from a 1400cc to a 2 litre turbo, etc etc so long these have been done professionally. Safety and structural strenght of the car are key, rust boxes will have a hard time getting the OK . Declare the upgrades to the insurance broker and viola!

I am not sure about the old corvette statement...it could be an urban myth?

Your co workers must be quite poor drivers

most were Asian!!!!

rust boxes will have a hard time getting the OK .

Exactly!

I was stationed in Germany and had a 3 ltr(Essex mtr) Mk 3 Capri RS with 15x7 wheels, Recaros seats, belsteins ectFulda y2000s

Car was awsome but rust was starting but the German TUV was getting hard but the US base was slightly more lax on the inspections.

Fortunately rust wont be an issue, Thats what I spent the last 3 years fixing. Por15'd the body as well as bedlined the interior, trunk, and points that could potentially rust again causing body damage.

I say its ragged because I didn't put a final coat of paint and didn't fix the front fenders dents, not worried about them I intend to replace them with fiberglass eventually.