a14 smog delete whoes.....

spec-bre

The "exciter" is referring to the gas pedal;)

1500ish is the warm temp as well. If I try and idol it down it eventually falls on it's face.

rained here all day so I did not have a chance to do the comp or leak down tests.

Need to get is to my buds house to do a smoke test as well.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I got a 1978 Datsu B210 sedan, 1.4 engine 4 speed I removed all the smog Crap, pluged the holes, made speciall cap just like the one pioce pice of metal that you made for your intake manifold with the 3 screws.

Any ways,a after the rebuilt of your Carb, you need to find the wire for the antidieseling Selenoid valve,,the wire must be somewhere laying around,,,you cna welded with a solder gun, if this wire is not there,,your engine wont run properly,,you can find the selenoid valve at your local autoparts,,for around $ 20 bucks I think.

After you take care of that,,the car will run just fine. (mine dide ran just fine after).

Good luck, I'll bring you some pictures sometime later.

Good luck.

• 5 months later...

In one of the pics (the one with the red circles) u also had the PCV port plugged off also, I was wondering if this is somethin else that u are able to do away with, or was it temporary plugged for some reason?? Im no mechanic by any means and im also doing away with all of the smog/EGR. Parts...im trying to simplifly the engine as much as I can! Thanks guys

twizted320, yes you can remove the PCV valve, but it is not a good idea.

Never plug the PCV port in the block. The block wants to be ventilated.

The crankcase needs to be ventilated, and Positive ventilation is best. Racers replace the PCV with an oil/water vapor seperator and a filter, since racing engine often have lots of blowby. But that is not the best way for a street engine, the Positive system is better.

In one of the pics (the one with the red circles) u also had the PCV port plugged off also, I was wondering if this is somethin else that u are able to do away with, or was it temporary plugged for some reason?? Im no mechanic by any means and im also doing away with all of the smog/EGR. Parts...im trying to simplifly the engine as much as I can! Thanks guys

I am still running the PCV.