1969 521 pick-up windshield

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for a front windshield for my 1969 Datsun 521 truck. The truck is located in Granite Bay,Ca. I would like a new one but if I get a used one that's fine.I'm also looking for the rear tail light wiring harness (both sides). My email is sfharley2000@yahoo.com Thanks Mark

Call Randy at Pilkington Classics~ 1-800-848-1351

http://www.pilkington.com/the+americas/usa/english/automotive/agr/pilkington+classics/default.htm

Ships from Ohio~ $325+ 100 shipping to California.

When I ordered mine 2 weeks ago there was 15 left in stock....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help ,I called Randy at Pilkington Classics and he had 12 windshiels left. He is a nice guy, But I still thought I could get one cheaper. I located a 1970 521 at Rocklin picknpull and I scored on a windshield for 45.00 it will be installed this week. This web site is great for help.

Thanks for all the help ,I called Randy at Pilkington Classics and he had 12 windshiels left. He is a nice guy, But I still thought I could get one cheaper. I located a 1970 521 at Rocklin picknpull and I scored on a windshield for 45.00 it will be installed this week. This web site is great for help.

Yep- found a few like that myself. but the caviat to that is you're buying USED. How long will it last before it turns blue, or bubbles around the edges, or...? I've installed used glass before only to have it "pop" after a short time~ no body is the same, and glass likes to settle in over time... New auto glass- even for a forty year old truck/car- must conform to current US DOT standards~ so anything you get will conform to current UV standards as well. There are places to scrimp on a build- and places to spare no expense. Personally, I will never install a used windshield~ unless I simply have no other choice...

In any adverse weather or glary conditions (like oncoming cars) my current glass lights up like I'm trying to drive thru milk instead of air~ so don't be surprised if in the near future you regret your decision and have to not only buy new glass, but pop out another $50 for a new weatherstip as well. From personal experience....

Peace~

Scott

P.S. ~ nearly EVERY windshield for every car ever manufactured is still available somewhere! The toughest pieces to get are dual-plane (glass curves in two directions) side and back glass pieces... Ten years ago I spent $350 for the used backglass to my '53 BelAir....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.