Need a fan shroud for 620 truck radiator

I am looking for various parts for a Datsun 620 radiator. Need the fan shroud for what appears to be a 1979 model year. Any way to tell?

In addition, is there a larger mount that fits onto the engine to take the 7 blade? I might need this one too.

Thanks,

Steve

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is the wider mount from what appears to be an early 620, but not sure. I found the 1976-80 water pump with clutch at Pep Boys, and the fan fit onto the pump just fine. Am I missing a part that holds the fan to the clutch, or does the fan anchor directly to the water pump? The bolts do not match up to the anchors.

Thanks guys for the help.

Steve

This info applies only to L series motors to my knowledge.

There is three different bolt patterns of fan mountings that i know of.

1. Early, small pattern, no fan clutch.

2. Small stock clutch mount style.

3. Large stock clutch mount style.

I have never seen an adapter mounted between the water pump and the fan. I have seen the small and large bolt pattern clutch style pumps being listed as with or without air conditioning. The large bolt pattern style appears the same as the later model vehicles like those with KA's. Yet i have never actually tried to mount a KA fan to a L motor pump.

Let me get you guys some pics of this fan and the current pump installed on my car. I am alreay trying to jump through hoops getting this cooling system finished off. The car is actually a Datsun Roadster with an L20B motor installed with five speed. Just completed the head, valve seats, rear oil seal, and rebuilt the transmission just last week, all synthetic lubricant from transmission to differential. Runs like new.

The L20B radiator fits rather well, with a few mods of course. The fan has some discolorations from where there apparently was a bracket that held it to the pump.

The picture of the pump by ggzilla is the pump I saw that was in stock at the auto parts store, but the bolt pattern does not match the fan (wider than the fan), while the center extruded portion of the clutch fits the center of the fan perfectly. Different model?

Let me get you guys some pics of this fan and the current pump installed on my car. I am alreay trying to jump through hoops getting this cooling system finished off. The car is actually a Datsun Roadster with an L20B motor installed with five speed. Just completed the head, valve seats, rear oil seal, and rebuilt the transmission just last week, all synthetic lubricant from transmission to differential. Runs like new.

The L20B radiator fits rather well, with a few mods of course. The fan has some discolorations from where there apparently was a bracket that held it to the pump.

The picture of the pump by ggzilla is the pump I saw that was in stock at the auto parts store, but the bolt pattern does not match the fan (wider than the fan), while the center extruded portion of the clutch fits the center of the fan perfectly. Different model?

If you in P-town, I gotta fan shroud that u could have. Tried to get one for mine, cuz it's MIA, but got the newer one, won't accomodate my '72's radiator hose configuration. As mentioned earlier though, shroud doesn't seem to make huge impact on this particular motor.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.