L18 oil change

FiveSeventyZee

I was about to change the oil in my new 510 and I don't have a Haynes manual yet so I need to know how many quarts to put in and what to torque the drain plug back down to. I tried searching google but nothing really came up even for the stock L16 which I assume is the same

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always change the filter and spend at least $6 on a good one. You need about 4 liters. Fill up to the line on the dipstick, that's what it's for. Start engine and idle until the filter fills up, shut off and add to the full line. You could half fill the new filter but it can get messy spinning it on and besides there's oil on the bearings when starting anyway.

I put in 4 qts, on an relatively empty motor. Filled the filter halfway. Primed my oil pump slightly. And then filled up. And then was just shy of the full mark with all of that with only 4 qts. Yes I checked on flat ground with the engine cold.

it says in location United States, Mike. Cmon :P

Thats about 4.5ish qts

Actually the 620 FSM says 4.3 L with filter, 3.8 without..... that's 4 1/2 and 4 US qts. I just fill to the line and any over I save to top up later.