dash swap

if anyone saw my thread in the general discussion area, I am gonna pick up a couple 521s at the end of september. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/34226-look-at-what-i-was-offered/page__p__521511?do=findComment&comment=521511

I want to swap the entire dash from a 70-72 510 into the one of I am gonna build for my daily. My reason is that I like the look of the 70-72 510 dash better than the 521. The only way I'd do this is if the dashes are the same width or close enough so that I wouldn't have to narrow the 510 dash. Yes I do plan on swapping the dash cradle too.

Can anyone measure the widths of a 510 dash and a 521 dash

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if anyone saw my thread in the general discussion area, I am gonna pick up a couple 521s at the end of september. http://community.rat...511#entry521511

I want to swap the entire dash from a 70-72 510 into the one of I am gonna build for my daily. My reason is that I like the look of the 70-72 510 dash better than the 521. The only way I'd do this is if the dashes are the same width or close enough so that I wouldn't have to narrow the 510 dash. Yes I do plan on swapping the dash cradle too.

Can anyone measure the widths of a 510 dash and a 521 dash

510 was just a scoatch or 2 wider at the top, but an easy trim, but stock gauges won't fit. pics on your other thread. I shouldn't help.... Kinda' like being the only 510 dash swap 521 around. awww hell, i'll help anyway, at least I was first as far as I know :)