a12 power!!

Jermaine

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

120Y in later years was equipped with A14

Never. 120Y means 1.2 liter. B210 with A14 was badged 140Y in many countries, and Sunny in Japan. Many countries like Australia only got the 1.2 liter engine.

i had a quick look and read somwhere that 120y(b-210) standard extractors are lager or have better frow than b120 standard extractors. is this true?

There were no standard extractors (tubular exhaust header). Do you mean the exhaust manifold? Yes, A14 exhaust manifold is freer-flowing, but probably won't fit your A12 inlet manifold.

The best part was the A12 GX manifold.

12371_4bb2a0bf36ee6.jpg

Never. 120Y means 1.2 liter. B210 with A14 was badged 140Y in many countries, B-210 in USA and Sunny in Japan.

There were no standard extractors (tubular exhaust header). Do you mean the exhaust manifold? Yes, A14 exhaust manifold is freer-flowing, but probably won't fit your A12 inlet manifold.

The best part was the A12 GX manifold.

12371_4bb2a0bf36ee6.jpg

What? My service manual calls my 77 a b210/120y printed just like that I thought a 140y was a 710 but its probly a 140j.

Thats the header I ment by "slit" wich should have ben "split" or 4 into 2

Yes, your manual is not for north america specifically. The US/Canada factory service manuals say "Datsun B210 Service Manual", i have four years right here (i am missing 1975). I do not have any non-US FSM. Most of the 120Y photos and talk on the Internet are from Australia and UK where only the 120Y was sold (no A14-powered B210s, onlt A12-powered B210s).

For the worldwide RHD market (which doesn't include Japan), it was mostly 120Y. One exception was South Africa where they had both 120Y and 140Y but then they sold new B210s until at least 1980 so things were different there. For the worldwide LHD market (which does not include USA/Canada, but includes South American and Carribean) there were 120Y and 140Y.

Y-series Datsuns are the Sunny family (B210 and B310)

J-series are Violet family (710 and A10. Yes they had A14-powered 710s)

A-series Datsuns are the Cherry family (100A and 120A)

B-series are Bluebird family (e.g. 180B)

so basicaly the best thing to do it get some custom ones of aftermarkeet. are there aftermarket ones for an a12

So do you want extractors specifically, or just a better exhaust manifold?

$300 will get you tubular extractors which will gain you 2 HP. You'll get the same from the GX manifold. A14/A15 manifold will give you an extra 1 HP.

Either way, you may need to change the inlet manifold too, as most A12 inlet manifolds are designed to bolt to a stock cast iron exhaust manifold. What year is the engine in your 1200 ute?

Here are Hurricane brand extractors in a Datsun 1200 ute:

799.jpg

Stewart Wilkins Motorsports also sells extractors for A12 for $277 AUD.

have you considered swapp in a A14? it's a bolt-in for the newer 1200s, and makes as much power as $2500 worth of upgrades to the A12.

I have 1200 sedan with A12

1200 pickup with built-up A14.

I enjoy the A12 for relaxed driving.

I had a stock A14 previously it was probaly the best all-round solution. Peppy yet still relaxed. I had a stock A15 prior to that, it pulled harder but broke two rear ends and one transmission.