WTB: 510 driveshaft

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I just got called out of town for work for a week, but I'll have forum access. The driveshaft will be for a 280Z 5-speed in my wagon with IRS, so things will fit only by luck. My current Comp CR trans has a custom length Roadster driveshaft with flanges on both ends, but it's coming out for repairs. I need one with a splined end for my back-up tranny. My measurements show that it needs to be 44.5" total length, +/- 1/4". If anyone is willing to measure a stock 4 speed one, or a shortened 510 shaft prepped for a 5 speed for that matter, I'd be curious how they compare. I'll be taking whatever I buy to the shop anyways for balancing since it's for my racecar (sustained high rpms).

fiveten, thanks for the ref pic, perfect source material. I only determined overall length, but I'm guessing I'm in the "sedan shortened for 5-speed' range, so any driveshaft will due. Makes since because the wagon has the same wheelbase and I transplanted a sedan IRS in it very close to the OE location. I'm interested in your driveshaft, PM me price/contact info if you would, thanks.

My back-up trans is an OE 280Z five speed with standard shift pattern and .86OD. I've kept it as my race spare because the ratios for 3rd, 4th, and 5th are basically the same as the Comp CR but since I've never had to use it, I never got around to prepping a driveshaft for it.

OK, my friend got back to me. I am almost sure its for a 2/4dr 4 speed. It looked about the same size maybe a little longer than the shortened one for my goon. It is at storage at his moms place in Berkeley, but he now lives in virginia. I can go over and measure it if you want exact specs. I can drive it over to half moon bay on a weekend if you don't mind tipping me $10 for fuel!(takes me maybe 30-40 minute to get to half-moon bay, depending on traffic.)

Sale would be cash, then I deliver that to his mom. How much do stock decent shape drive shafts go for?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.