build up of 67.5 datsun roadster race car

well ive had this car for about 5 years give or take. first time building it it ended up having a 22r toyota motor in it, had lc engineering cam, side draft webers stuff like that, full custom front suspension, with pinto spindles re-drilled for 4x4.5 bolt pattern. motor blew one day when it dropped the valve at 6000+ rpm. so car sat for a while while i decided what to put in it next, 22r again or something else. ended up doing a 12a rotary swap in it. then turboed with 850 barry grant carb, went through mazda trix, and got street port kit, and went to atkins rotary for all seals and cryo frosen apex seals. motor did great till we had an unexpected snow storm(in a place that is 110+ in the summer) and i was only running water and cracked the rotor housing. broken motor agin, got a used engine, and didnt want to rebuild another rotary so dropped it in and it was fine till it took out the apex seals cause they were 100000 mile seals. dropped in another used rotary and could never get it to start. so car sat again.

so now recently, decided to rebuild again. this time was going to redo suspension on front cause didnt like a couple things on it so was just going to replace front frame rails, but i then thought why dont i just redothe whole frame....and here is where the progect is.

new frame, new suspension, new engine and trans.

imca racing upper control arms, pinto spindles, rebuilt rear end with all new seals and bearings, disc brakes off 82 datsuns 200sx, mustang gas tank, 4age from japan with trd stuff on it, probably going to turbo with garrett t25 that i have lying around, pro coilovers up front with roadster springs that have been modified.

will post pics tomorrow, have get them off phone

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic