It was the distributor...

E-Blue....to terminal block....then to thin red wire... to neg side of intake coil.

B-Black/white to TB...then to Large brown wire, positive side of exhaust coil

C-White.....plugin for exhaust plugs

I-Red....to TB then to large white/blue, negative side of exhaust coil..... ignition

Pretty sure.... ;)

Have to confirm later with my FSM....have to go to workie now....

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone confirm or disprove that? seems kind of weird they would reverse wire colors after the terminal block/connector. I suppose in theory it wouldn't matter if the red wire goes to the exhaust or intake coil, because they both have power and will only fire when the distributor tells them to.

also, should I run more than just the factory power wire to both coils?

can anyone confirm or disprove that? seems kind of weird they would reverse wire colors after the terminal block/connector. I suppose in theory it wouldn't matter if the red wire goes to the exhaust or intake coil, because they both have power and will only fire when the distributor tells them to.

also, should I run more than just the factory power wire to both coils?

My reply was quoted from another discussion........it doesn't matter what color the wire is after the terminal block...as long as it ends up at the same 'destination'.

I have power to both coils ...ignition on....and running

ok, you just said you weren't sure and would have to check your manual...so I wanted to be sure the "I" was supposed to end up on negative exhaust and "E" to negative of intake coil, ect...

I know the trucks had a separate power wire going from the fuse box to the other coil, and wanted to make sure the dual coils weren't overloading the factory wiring on my 510.

Thanks for the help!!!