Anybody know this guy?

ATT9293241.jpg So i'm looking to get ahold of this guy to find out about his ignition system. He has the EDIS 4 with the megajolt setup which is what i want to run in my goon. I think he is from Arkansas. He has pictures from and stuff of his pickup on the Autosportlab website and his name on there is Ratsun so i figured he would be on here. Thanks for the help guys!
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how do i get the the correct map setup for my motor?

There's really not a correct map for any motor. Various forums should be able to help you find starter maps, but then it comes down to tuning it. If you have an idea where timing should be under certain loads and RPMs, you can pre-set your timing (usually pull a couple of degrees to safety's sake) then have someone drive her while you adjust the fuel map.

Another option is see if you can location someone who's got experience with dyno tuning the megasquirt. Where abouts are you located?

I've got MJ on my vw and you might also end up adjusting the factory curve a bit so be careful after getting the factory settings in. Also since your car is carbed you shouldn't have to touch your mixture any if you already have it dialed in.

If you go with megasquirt and do EFI a wideband o2 will be your new best friend.

I mounted my Innovate digital blue LED 02 gauge in the pod from the old clock on my Z. It damn near looks like it's factory. Wideband is SO much nicer than narrowband.

One of the things you can do is build a pair of Det Cans. These, when build right, can so a GREAT job of helping you hear detonation.

You might want to pop over to MSEXTRA.com and check out the forum and see if anyone has a vehicle similar to yours with a map you can start from.

Sadly, MJLJ is no longer available in kit form, so no more cheap solder-your-own specials. Brent said they stopped making the mini-sized CPUs and now only make the nano-sized one which are difficult for hobbyists to solder.

So now MJLJ is $161 pre-built

Or you can use MegaSquirt II at $266 kit form